I'm going back to windows 2000 pro again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterShazbot

Baseband Member
I did it again. I gave Windows XP, both home and pro editions, several chances to prove their worth to me, and both have failed. I don't like their interfaces, their bugs & stability, or their security things.

I miss Windows 2000 Pro because I believe it is the most stable version or windows on the market right now. It has the look of Windows 98, with Windows XP's stability, with the exception of its bugs!

As soon as I finish this, I will begin the lovely task of re-re-re formating my hd and installing my faithful copy of Windows 2000 Pro.

I L-L-LOVE 2K PRO! Good bye XP, you suck big time!

Here's some food for thought:

Windows XP pro costs $300 for the full version

2K pro costs $320.

Hmmm . . . I wonder why?
:cool:

Well you can easilly get it to look like 2000. How foolish you are going back to an operating system that is going to be discontinued. Win2K will become useless when it doesn't get the .net2.0 upgrade then no new software will come for Win2K and it will be forgotten. As for bugs I'd like to hear what "bugs" you had difficulties with. And you are mistaken it was 319 USD when it was released you now can buy it for 179.99 USD (at amazon.com).

2000 is generally more stable, XP was designed with more compatibility, and it is more 'user friendly' however this seems to have sacrificed some stability. also, XP seems to be more resource hungry too.

however I still use XP because of its compatibility, and it is far more stable than 98

Tyler1989 said:
...And you are mistaken it was 319 USD when it was released you now can buy it for 179.99 USD (at amazon.com).

pwned!

seriously, I would like to know the bugs you mentioned.... no offense bro, but it seems people prefer to see some facts (me included) before accusation of XP being a suck product. I agree it does have its flaws but it is not as suck as you mean.

MasterShazbot said:
I did it again. I gave Windows XP, both home and pro editions, several chances to prove their worth to me, and both have failed. I don't like their interfaces, their bugs & stability, or their security things.

I miss Windows 2000 Pro because I believe it is the most stable version or windows on the market right now. It has the look of Windows 98, with Windows XP's stability, with the exception of its bugs!

As soon as I finish this, I will begin the lovely task of re-re-re formating my hd and installing my faithful copy of Windows 2000 Pro.

I L-L-LOVE 2K PRO! Good bye XP, you suck big time!

Here's some food for thought:

Windows XP pro costs $300 for the full version

2K pro costs $320.

Hmmm . . . I wonder why?
:cool:
LOL. Yer kidding me, right? LOL.

First off, why did you try both? XP-Pro is the fully-featured and fully functional version of the XP platform, which would give you the most robust and tweakable OS of the two. If I was testing XP, I wouldn't even consider wasting my time playing around with Home if I already had Pro. The code base is exactly the same, the only difference is that Home has been stripped down and limited for "home use."

Secondly, given that you believe XP to be so expensive, how did you justify buying both Home and Pro to test them out? And...given that you spent what you think they cost...why didn't you do your research before you bought? If you had, you would know that testing both was rediculous. The only thing you'd prove is that Home is a limited version of Pro, and that if you were serious about testing the XP environment, you should only have gone with Pro.

Thirdly, Win2000 has been around long enough to have a larger knowledge-base of problems and solutions, not to mention fixes. XP, even despite being a much larger and more featured OS (which by the way makes it more complicated) is also much younger.

Fourth, if you were having problems with XP, did you post yer problems here or try to find the answers? Don't tell me this is another "oh it's different so I gave up on the first signs of problems because it's Microsoft" whiney-arsed excuse of a thread.

Fifth, my faith in your abilities to thoroughly test XP is based on your price quotes...which suck.

Yousuck.jpg

comic relief

^^^Ironic. Very.

What "bugs" have you been experiencing that are so bad? The interface can be easily changed to look more like 2000/98, so that is not an excuse.

Shoobie has a good point, why did you try Home AND Pro? Pro pwns. Period. A quick Google will tell you this.

You are throwing in the towel waaaay too easy.

Windows 2000 for me was a great OS in my P3 and Duron days. It was the best and in my opinion the first stable OS ever to come out of Microsoft. However these days I prefer XP Pro. It looks better, it runs my computers much faster and itÂ’s only ever crashed twice on me in 3 years. When ever I install 2000 Pro on any of my current machines they seem to only last a week or two before I get a blue screen of death and cant start Windows and have to format again. The only reason I can think of for this happening is that some piece of software I install on all my machines must not like 2000. Also I would recommend that no one ever use XP Home. Its total crap.

If the next windows sucks im becoming a mac user or Linux.
Because I am tired of spy ware and viruses. I know mac hase some but not as much as Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom