thermal paste/pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called a spreader.

I think you put a dime sized amount on a spreader, a rice sized amount on a core.

EDIT: Above information completely incorrect. My apologies.

FadingTheory said:
Its called a spreader.

I think you put a dime sized amount on a spreader, a rice sized amount on a core.

theres prolly different inscructions for different kinds of thermal material but if your talking about AS5.. your way off.

If its an exposed core like a socket A... then you spread the AS5 covering the core with a layer as thin as you can make it, using a strait edge razor blade worked well for myself. as thy also mention it in there instructions.. thy also have pictures.

If you using it ona cpu with Heatspreader like a A64 or P4, you put a 1/2 dot of a grain of rice size right on the center, then press the heatsink on top of it evenly so it spreads out evenly.
-----------------------

Note - its seems pritty obsured to post these instructions when there is a link right there that takes your right to them, and thy have pictures.

im only explaining this, because someone asked for help, and instead of reading the proper instructions... you take the word of someone posting inacturate information over a link to the manufactures web site?

you might not wont to let that happen again.

sorry man, i looked a both links. was just confused. have an amd 3200 and it didnt look like the other processors in the links

My apologies, but I put the amount specified on my Athlon 64, and know what happened? Temps ranging from 54 to 60..

Granted, my computer seems to have massive cooling problems. (My room is hot as crap, and theres nothing I can do about it.)

I told him I thought so, not to go do it.

But your irght, I'm wrong, and I shoulds have gotten more sleep.

Ugh.

I just bought some AS5 off ebay with Buy It Now and got it shipped for $5.74 instead of like $12 or $13 shipped from Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom