Please Help My Major Graphics Problem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Solid State Member
sup,

alright, this seems to be a recurring problem i had back when i was playing neverwinter nights before i reinstalled my windows xp. whenever i tried to play neverwinter nights after a small or even long time of playing the whole screen would "fritz" or garbled out with a bunch of jumbled colors and would make the game impossible to see. it only seems to happen when i play games too, esp 3d games of course.

my graphics card is a nvidia gainward geforce 4 64MB ddr.

it's bothering me now more than ever because i just got final fantasy XI and its starting to happen for this game too! i download nvidia's latest drivers and installed them but it still seems to happen. also, like i said before it happens at different times of gameplay sometimes no at all, but more than 75% of the time it will.

please help me out, i need to get over this frustrating problem. any input would be appricated. thanks!

You should get a 9800XT for christmas....... sounds like a driver problem.....some type of conflict between the game and the video card......I'll check into it.

yeah, thank you very much for doing some research on it. it only happens when i play games and it pretty much locks up my whole computer. even after i hit the reset button it'll start up with garbled graphics and it only returns to normal once i turn the power off and then back on again. after that it's just fine.

it never gets garbled when i'm using windows, only when i try to play games. it's happening every time now too. :(

thanks for any help you give! i'm so stuck and frustrated....

could the drivers be conflicting with direct x? i have direct x 8.1 which i believe to be the newest one.

so stumped ....

thanks for the link but the latest direct x isn't doing it for me. still resulted in the same problem. i'm going to try and see if my friend will loan me his graphics card to find out wether or not it's just the card and its drivers that's causing the problem.

thanks again, please countinue to bring in some more input.

That's the Quickest way to test is with another Video Card. Hope ya can borrow it. Shouldn't take too long to verify it. Good Luck!

hopefully i can get the card from him tonight or tomorrow, but if it does turn out to be the card's problem ... what can i do in the future to ensure this type of thing doesn't happen again?

We're talking about PC's My Friend and there is no way to say it won't happen again. Sorry about that. One way to minimize any PC Problems is to buy Quality Hardware/Software, Install it properly & verify ya got the proper Drivers. Just my 2 Cents worth.

yeah, no doubt it seems to be the graphics card itself. i'm going to have to buy a new one now and just look at this as an "upgrade".

thanks for all your help kboy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom