Avi + Fullscreeen = No No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Daemon Poster
ok iv had this problem for ages i cant watch movies full screen, wen the player opens defalt size its fine. but if i make it full screen or even just a bit bigger it goes all slow and the video scrwes up (im not just talking about the lower quality because of full screen)

now these movies work fine a slower machine i have full screen it just hates my PC, i have tried different reso and refresh rate with no luck.

Can you help?

thanks

What video card are you using. Is it fairly recent 4 yr old one or one reefed from a 7 year old computer? If it's a really old one it might need updated drivers or a different version of the drivers. I reninstalled win98 on someone's computer and had to go through 3 sets of drivers to get a trident video card (very grainy display but it was still watchable) to play back divx avi's in full screen without displaying recoverable bsod errors. Otherwise your directx might need reinstalling.
Also what program are you using to play the avi files.

q12up.jpg

Media player 9 & 10

DivX player 6 (the new one)

Media player 2

winamp

p3 1ghz

256ram

i know the computer is capable because i run movies on 8mb and 16mb cards all the time. i think its fixable because they run fine small its just if i resize the player

apokalipse said:
the onboard video card is not fast enough to resize the movies in real-time. you can upgrade the video card (even to, say a PCI FX-5200), or put up with it

a 32mbit video card is more than enough to watch a movie/play game with a decent frame rate (25-30 frames per second).

How much memory is on this computer??? Try checking your system resources when you launch the video to full screen. Possible that you do not have enough memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom