EMBEDED Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
I have a large jump/flash drive and I was wondering if you can put a embeded windows on it like you can with damn small linux? Is such a windows in existance?

It's a 1 gig jump drive it can handle the storage.

When you install windows and you are asked to choose a location the jump drive is a choice but once it is installed to the jump drive is there a MS DOS Batch file or something to run the OS on the jump drive over the current OS running on the computer?

Also is microsoft going to get start *****ing if I do this? Is it breaking any laws?

yo

Im not sure if its possible but with 3.1 you may have a good chance because a friend of mine got the windows 3.1 essentials and made a boot disk that runs 3.1 (on a single floppy how did he get that kind of compression) so it might work.

3.1 takes 11 floppies his compression would have been beyond anything possible but you are right I heard of it being done I wonder how. I already found Microsoft XP embedded but Microsoft is asking an insane price for it.... Is it possible to make your own?

well i asked him over msn and hes cut out everything thats not necesary like mspaint, his single floppy contains only the bare essentials and is compressed so there ya go

maybe you can copy Knoppix Linux to it. Knoppix is Linux on a CD, which has everything needed to run, including drivers for most hardware.

and also, if Windows 3.11 takes 11 floppies, 11 * 1.44 = 15.84MB maximum

It is possible to fit Windows XP Pro onto a CD. I'm not sure how it is done other then way stripped down. But i have a copy of it. We use it at our company to access the registry on a crashed computer and other things like that. I could see if I can figure out what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom