6800 GT vs. 7800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
As you know, right now I have an X800 Pro, and I don't believe it will cut it for future games like FEAR and Quake 4. Providing they release the 7800GT in AGP, which they might not, and considering the rest of my specs, what would you do? Get a 6800GT now that the prices are getting lower, or pay a fortune and get the 7800GT?

Also, how long do you think it will be before I will need to upgrade my CPU and RAM? Keep in mind I am not wanting to build a new system yet. This is the reason I am only looking at upgrading my graphics card.

I think your good for a while. An x800 might not be great, but I think it will hold over untill the 6800 GT drops more in price.

Wait a bit.

Well, I would go for the 6800 GT. There is a difference in money of nearly $350 and the 7800 GT doesnt feel like the difference made from the 5 series to the 6 series. The 6800 GT can, will and does play all the current and most of the future games, plus you wont need to upgrade any system specs and what not. Sell the x800 Pro on ebay and you already have half the money needed for the GT.

Just save your money and wait for the series of cards after the 7800gxx/x900xx series

IMO the 7800GTX's performance doesn't blow me away like it should so just save you're money for the nex gen of cards

But if you want a new card for PS 3.0, then i'd suggest you wait for t3h ATI x900 series of cards and see how they match up with the 7800's performance

Dont be dumb keep that card and save up for futer cards you will just end up losing money for a little performance gain.

come on beed, dont jump the gun now! uve said for awhile that u want to see how the X900 and the 7800 stack up. Wait and see the X900's performance b4 u buy anything.

Of course, if a friend offers u a 6800 GT for $50, take it...

keep that card for a little while, and wait for ATI to release their new cards. the 7800 should drop in price, since it will have a competing card, but take a good look at the new cards and see which one is better. then buy the better one and sell the X800 pro

id definately wait and see how the new cards work for 1 and drive down the prices in the process . A GOOD video card isnt cheap , so definately get your money's worth even if requires waiting a month or two .
I really want to see the new ATI card but ill have to wait untill they can get a good yield of the chips to produce a batch of screaming cards :cool: . There building on an architec that requires an almost perfect manufacturing process .They may be asking to much which will result in a limited supply :confused:
time will tell .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom