New Gaming Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraze_101

Baseband Member
Hey u guys i have read alot about computers but i dont understand about the overclocking and also i wud like to buy a new pc for gaming and plan to spend like around 3000 can on it im not rich but i intend to work hard cuz i want a good pc. what u guys think bout parts for t? i was thinking bout a geForce 7800 GT i think thats what i saw but i dont know what kind of processor i need and what kind of cooling sytem i need also. i saw an antec 600w psu i think thatll handle everything and i was thinking bout two hard drives and two sticks of ddr . whats this whole thing bout ddr3.? im new to this computer thing but it interests me alot and im jus about to enter college to start a computer tech and network supportcourse. thanks alot for you time and help.

Best advice? Hang around here for a while, ask some questions, read a lot. Just soak it all in.

Before long you'll have a good grasp on what you want to do, and what you need to do it with.

A word of caution, though: Most on here automatically suggest the newest and the biggest, which isn't for everyone. Many like to shout 'reformat and reinstall', which, again, is not for everyone.

Form your own opinions, and stick to 'em.

1.) Tell us how much money you got
2.) what do you plan on doing with this computer
3.) How much space do you need (in hard drive)
4.) WIll you be overclocking?

oh, and:
-ddr3 won't come out for at least a year or two, if not more
-3000+ should be able to handle everything
-antec has 600W PSU's?? i thought they only made up to 520
- Well for 24pin psu's, OCZ's are good, or if you're on a budget the antec TPII 520W should work
-you should wait to see how the ATI x900 series (the 7800's competitor) does

Don't buy the 7800. It's not a vast improvement from last gen cards and frankly isn't worth it.

I would see how the new cards match up to it (ATI)

powerslave12 said:
Don't buy the 7800. It's not a vast improvement from last gen cards and frankly isn't worth it.

I would see how the new cards match up to it (ATI)

1. expect the new ATI to be better.....because it's released at a later date = more time to work on it = it's going to be better. release it now and i'd be bettin' 7800 would mop the floor. why you ask? because it's release and workin'.....ATI's isn't release...which, one can only assume, doesn't work how it should right now.

2. i've read the 7800 is a pretty decent jump. not crazy, to me not worth the money (simply caus ei'm a college student lol and can't afford it) but seen (on here) that single 7800 can beat sli ultra's in some benchmarks...which....is sayin' a little somethin' somethin'.....

so what mobo u guys would recommend ? thanks or the info and ill probably wait for the ATI to come out but i guess thatll be pretty high price and the 7800 price wud have been alitle lowered. Also how many fans wud i need? and im thinking bout getting a viper case for the whole setup.. thanks alot for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom