GeForce 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 7800 series is going to own. The ATI card may be faster and have more raw power, but the 7800 series is designed with improvements for SM2.0 and SM3.0 paths, which will greatly increase performance in future games. ATI has shaky support for both of those shaders. Don't judge this card by the DX8.1 games of the present.

It might own, but if ATi gets it together then Nvidia ahs some serious trouble. I think ima get a 7800GT or a 6800GT depending on price. I dont think the 700 series is all that exspensive really, its just you guys are just used to the lowered prices of the 6000 series.

P.P. Mguire said:
It might own, but if ATi gets it together then Nvidia ahs some serious trouble. I think ima get a 7800GT or a 6800GT depending on price. I dont think the 700 series is all that exspensive really, its just you guys are just used to the lowered prices of the 6000 series.

$600 is alot in my book :p .

Well true if ATi pulls it together they could have an outstanding card. They always score well on benchmarks and things similar but it seems when they get to the actual gaming, they dont perform like the benchmark's expected. Honestly I think this will be another 6800 vs. x800 deal where the x800 delivers raw muscle and the 6800 bring's fine tuned performance.

I'm Just hoping that I can get one of these cards in AGP, because i'm not going to have the money to buy a new processor, motherboard, and videocard anytime soon. if that happenes, than i'm looking at a cheap AGP 6800GT, which won't really cut it for UT2007 legitamatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom