LCD Update: Purchased Benq FP91V+ but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
Well you probably all remember my thread on LCD or CRT?......Well I went against all you hardcore gamers and went with an LCD. I purchased a Benq FP91v+ from Staples: they said I could use it and return it if I didnt like it within 2 weeks........so.............I've still been researching because as nice as this monitor is, there are flaws.
PROS:
-Gaming is aewsome with a 6ms gray to gray response. No ghosting etc.
- I'm running at native 1280x1024 @ 75 hz.
- The vivid colors and sharpness is very impressive especially explosions, ie in HL2.
- Text is ok in native but poor in any other resolution.
- The glossy screen makes pictures look much more clear and vivid, and colors brighter then non-gloss. This was the main reason I bought it.

CONS:
-Auto-adjust feature only works with analog cable not DVI, (which I am currently using)
-Although I thought the viewing angles were great in the store I'm not as impressed at home. The screen adds a brownish shade as soon as you move off centre.
-Movies aren't as crisp as I would've expected, esp human skin tones.
-The controls are very difficult to use.

With that said and continued research I have narrowed my search to now 3 monitors:

Viewsonics VX924 4ms is out because some reviews said its not that great. It should improve with later releases.

#1// The one that got a great review compared to my current monitor is the Viewsonic VP191b, now with 8ms response. It uses a better VA panel vs the common TN panel. TN panels are still faster but VA panels produce a better picture (better viewing angles) and this one took the cake in this review: http://www.behardware.com/articles/572/page1.html

#2// I am also looking at the Samsung 913T (its the same as the 930B but silver instead of that cheap looking black) It has a 700:1 contrast ratio, 160 degree viewing angle and 8ms response time. I also like the Magicbright feature on this.

#3 My current Benq VP91V+ has 450:1 contrast ratio, 140 degree viewing angle and glossy screen.

So, if there is anyone out there that sells these monitors or has used them and can tell me what they feel is the best one to buy, (as gaming a priority but web browsing, pictures, movies also important) please let me know. When I'm spending $600 dollars on something I want to make sure I make the right decision. THANKS ALL!!!!!!

Complaining? This is a help forum asshole. Dont respond please unless you can help.

I agree with VIII. Your having all the problems people told you would occur. Everything on the face of the planet has trade-offs. Go CRT and get stuck with size issues and perhaps eye issues (I've never had any, but I understand it does hurt alot of people), or get an LCD screen and deal with the multiple tiny issues.

EDIT: We have already given you help. Stop pumping the forum up with multiple topics on the same problem.

FadingTheory said:
I agree with VIII. Your having all the problems people told you would occur. Everything on the face of the planet has trade-offs. Go CRT and get stuck with size issues and perhaps eye issues (I've never had any, but I understand it does hurt alot of people), or get an LCD screen and deal with the multiple tiny issues.

EDIT: We have already given you help. Stop pumping the forum up with multiple topics on the same problem.

Well, yeah. Thats the expanded form from me.
I have an LCD, never noticed any problems, I love it.
Everyone told you CRT for these little problems, you didnt listen to our advice, went and bought an LCD and now your complaining to us. Now you think of it, sounds a bit moronic doesnt it? True, this is a help forum, if you don't want our advice, because a lot of people here do no a lot more than you, then don't ask for it.

VIII :
Im not questioning CRT or LCD as I did before. Have you not read the entire post??? I have chosen LCD cause they are better, period. I want to know which of 3 monitors to choose, if anyone else has used them. Posting your reply at my previous post would make more sense. And not everyone said to buy CRT. Stores dont hardly sell them cause they are outdated.
If no one else has tried or seen these models of monitors then I'm SOL, but no worries, just please answer the question.
This Benq LCD monitor is 10x better than my CRT and I like it, but its not okay to discuss????
Your still not helping VIII....please dont respond anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom