Someone help me to choose really good comp plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things you should think about....

1st, I would go with Intel P4 processor for they have an 800 MHz FSB versus 400 for the Athlon and hyperthreading which is nice if you ever have to do multi-tasking applications.

2nd Get a SATA HDD (serial ATA). Transfer rate is 150 MB versus 100 for IDE or 133 for Ultra ATA.

3rd Mother boards..... Intel, Asus, Soyo etc... all make excellent boards.... get them with the 865 or 875 chipset though so you can take advantage of all CPU features.

4th Make sure that you buy all your items 'RETAIL' and not OEM. (in the box in other words) otherwise you would not get the full package (i.e. no fan for the CPU, no cables for the HDD and mother board, etc....)

5th Be aware that you won't have the possibility to go back to the store and exchange the parts you bought if they are not functionning but will have to rely on the company's warranty....
In some cases (not all) the warranty might not even be valid if you bought your parts in another country.

hey...how does this look?..............

PROCESSOR:
AMD Athlon XP2600 2083MHz (333) $180
MEMORY:
512Mb PC3200 DDR400 Kingmax $130
HARD DRIVE:
80Gb 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda $110
GRAPCHICS CARD:
128Mb Gecube ATI Radeon 9600 $150
MOTHERBOARD:
Asus A7V600 FSB400 Lan/Raid $120
CASE:
Generic Midi Tower F-USB +300W $50
CD-ROM:
LG or Liteon or Asus 52x CDROM $30
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------already got OS (MS WIN XP PRO off friend)
already got keyboard
already got mouse
already got monitor
already got burner

here is the link to the mobo....

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7v600/overview.htm

is that a good mobo for all the stuff im getting?

If you can spare a few more bucks, go for the 9600 PRO or XT. It's worth it (9800 PRO or XTeven better but more expansive. Also, the XT model will give you a coupon so you can download HL2 as soon as it becomes available.
Also, for a few more bucks, you can get a serial ATA HDD with a transfer rate of 150 MHz versus 100/133 for IDE/ultra ATA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom