ati 9800 pro cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I'll be getting one of those pretty soon, and was wondering if any of you have a better cooling system, from what i've read, it comes with a crap cooling system.. and that the card is basically overclocked.. either way, i still want that card considering it's one of the best on the market.. cooling wise, other than water cooled cards, i wanna know who has a good cooling system and what they got/what company.. it would help me out a bunch, thanks everyone

i have this card. Very cool. Who ever said it was overclocked is a danm fool. The 9800pro/xt if provided by a honerable vendor will not be overclocked the vendor is the one who overclocks the card and he or she is the one to blame if it is o/ced outside of the box. Mine runs nice and cool i had no fans in my case for first 3 days of build no heat but eventually got hot so i installed all 7 fans and it was cool as liquid nitrogene he he.

I have this card its its very nice :D i have the ATi built one, i dunno about the cooling but i have an overheating problem. I doubt its due to the Graphics card though.

I have this card in My case. I do notice that it has a heat problem when running it really hard. The case temp jump between 5 and 10 degrees. Although the card remains cool enough, the heat created is bothersome. I have built and installed my own add-on to the card. Using an 65cm fan on the back side to help disipate the heat faster. Seems to have helped as the temp doesn't rise as fast as it did.
if you have enough air flow there should never be a problem. But if you are running hot, you can expect issues in the end...
I live in Alaska, and am thinking of building an external vent system for drawing cold outside air into the case. Run it thought the PS to help keep the whole system cool... Just a thought ...
I love this card. It's the best graphics I have seen, and eventhough it seems to be hotter then most, it's not bad. Ati wouldn't ship something that got too hot. You should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom