Is this a registry problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edenworkshops

Beta member
I installed a piece of trial software for evaluation and applied a crack to obtain full functionality, the crack appeared to do the trick and the softwares splash screen said it was now registered. However I could not create the Ebook (software is active ebook compiler) despite trying several different cracks. Still I was happy with what the software could do and was prepared to purchase a copy, the trouble is that even after uninstalling the software and installing a new download of the trial it keeps coming up as being registered, even without applying the crack, and the program still wont carry out it's final task of creating an ebook.

My instincts tell me that there must be an entry in the registry somewhere that i need to delete, but still being a comparitive novice I find the prospect of twiddling with the reeistry a little scary ( a lot scary).

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Eden

yea it would be something in the registery but im just like you, rege fidling too adavanced :D

hi gruntwerk
me is very iggorant, i using win2000, does this have a system restore thingy?
Thanks for reply.

Happy Christmas

Last known good configuration.. space bar during startup. I don't remember if that works for registry problems though.

I installed a piece of trial software for evaluation and applied a crack to obtain full functionality, the crack appeared to do the trick and the softwares splash screen said it was now registered.
ok we don't support program cracks here, but since you are trying to get rid of the crack we can help you do that.

on boot press f8 and select 'last known good configuration that worked' and if you have a dual boot system you will have to select the OS you installed it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom