Monitor keeps wiggin out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that monitor and have no problems with image quality at lower resolutions such as 1024x768. I love this monitor! Maybe you got a defective one?

beedubaya said:
I have that monitor and have no problems with image quality at lower resolutions such as 1024x768. I love this monitor! Maybe you got a defective one?

Yea, that's what I am thinking...or even worse it's the graphics card. I overclocked the graphics card and just ordered some custom cooling for it, so I cannot return it. If it's the monitor Newegg might accept a return but I am not sure. Is there any possibility that this is a power supply issue?

Edit: bee, what refresh rate are you running at 1024x768?

Hmmm...interesting update:

Ok, when I put the monitor at 1280x1024 85Hz Refresh Rate, only the sides of the monitor are affected with pixely looks. The center is very smoother and very good quality.

When I put the monitor at 1158x864 100 Hz Refresh rate, I can see the lines of horizontal pixels moving all the way across the screen.

Lastly at 1024x768, I see just a grainy image, no horizontal pixels or anything...

And it's not my graphics card because I have a Trinitron, and it looks just FINE with it.

Well, I run it at 1024x768 100Hz, and if I look very closely at the image, i can see the pixels, but its nothing worth even mentioning. I get excellent image and color quality accross the whole screen. You also shouldn't be getting swerving lines accross the screen, thats almost always a sign of a bad monitor.

I know you probably are smarter than this, but make sure there are no speakers near your monitor....

Right, they're off to the sides.

Well I will see what happens when I get a 500 Watt PSU, and my new cooling for my GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom