What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
If you could get 2x 6800 GT's would you get a SLi based system? Or would you wait until the r520?

The coming GPUs are going to launch at a ridiculously high price. I bought a single 6800 GT. I plan to look into the R520 and the other 512mb GPUs once they become slightly cheaper.

I have a feeling though that these 512mb GPUs will outperform 2x 6800 GTs. I'm just speculating though from what I've seen on that 512mb x850.

I would get the 7800GTX, as they cost the same, and the GTX is a bit better.

I would wait, and see what is the best Price:performance ratio.

I have one AGP 8x 6800 GT. I have some money to upgrade my computer and I was wondering basically, if I should wait, or get SLi 6800 GT's. Now I hear about the new R520 scoring 10k in 3d-Mark 05 and I really am thinking about waiting for it. I wish they would release this summer though :( .

u should get the 7800gtx as trifid said they are about 600$ and will outperform 2 6800 gt's in sli so just get the 7800gtx.
personally i wouldnt wait for that r520 as they dont have a release date and it will be out of this world expensive prolly around 800-1000$ just get the 7800

I am running 2 6800 GToc's from BFG. I am very pleased, but am sure that there are better ones out there. I have always been pleased with the GF cards, as every computer I build I place them in. Except for one because it had integrated video. That was a strictly web machine and rarely used for anything else.

If you want some scores to compare them with, let me know the program and I will try to get it and post my scores. Hope this helps a little. I tend to compare scores on several websites before I get my new cards, and never bother with the very top end as the money just does not seem to be worth it, Other than bragging rights that is.

GameGURU said:
I have one AGP 8x 6800 GT. I have some money to upgrade my computer and I was wondering basically, if I should wait, or get SLi 6800 GT's. Now I hear about the new R520 scoring 10k in 3d-Mark 05 and I really am thinking about waiting for it. I wish they would release this summer though :( .

You would have to get new 6800GT's as your 6800GT is AGP and not PCI-E

+ A new motherboard and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom