i - tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandivine

Baseband Member
I can't play the songs I bought from i - tunes on windows media player and also because I paid for them I want to convert them to MP3 so I can play on my cars MP3 player.
Any solutions to this?
Thanks, Dan

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that...

Apple does have a thing about songs bought thru the Music Store. They don't want you converting them, and they don't want you listening to them in any other player. You can burn them to CD, copy them to your iPod, and listen to them in iTunes, and that's it.

M4A is MP4 but the proper name is M4A, ACC is the building blocks for M4A.

M4A sounds better than MP3 and is compressed even more.

Never convert an MP3 to an M4A becuase you are compressing an already compressed file.

Only make M4As from a pure music file such as WMA that has no lose in data.

MP3 = mpeg audio layer 3

M4A = mpeg audio layer 4

Tyler1989 said:
M4A is MP4 but the proper name is M4A, ACC is the building blocks for M4A.

M4A sounds better than MP3 and is compressed even more.

Never convert an MP3 to an M4A becuase you are compressing an already compressed file.

Only make M4As from a pure music file such as WMA that has no lose in data.

MP3 = mpeg audio layer 3

M4A = mpeg audio layer 4

you meant to say wave file. wma is a compressed file that sound worse than mp3

wave is an uncompressed music file (it is a huge file, though)

That is why you do not keep the file you get the file convert it to M4A and dump the wave file. I wonder when the day will come when the average internet user will see M4A replace MP3 in their searches for music and P2P networks. I'd give it a year or two yet before M4A catches on. And again thanks for correcting me Eric.

yes mp4 (m4a) is based on AAC which was based on the old sony mini disc. it is by far the best compressing method to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom