I/O error

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Was A Commie

Solid State Member
Im new here and i dont know where to put this, but here goes..
Whenever i try to install a program onto my computer, it always says that there is an I/O error or something, so if anyone knows what that is and could help me out, i would appreciate that
thanks

What operating system are you using and what program are you trying to install? Do you have any anti-virus software? If so, try disabling it before you install the program. This is probably not going to resolve your problem, but as a good practice you should always disable real-time anti-virus scanning when installing an application.

-Mike

More info needed. Is it every program? It is probably 98 or 95. Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the error or write it down. M$ has a Knowledge Base of all these specific errors.

Nice name btw... :p

ahh, sorry i didnt add all the info needed, i had to go to school.. im running windows 98..lol and i do have norton on.. that may be, and its almost every program

EDIT: its my old comp... and thanks about me name

Hmm, a little curious....
Can you post the exact error...or better yet, can you post a screenshot of the error when you get it?

-Mike

Ok, I'm just more of a visual person. Even though I/O error may sound detailed enough, the entire error may explain it better.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom