HELP!!! New HS and AS5... is this supposed to happen?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not that much difference. Maybe just try some 99% anyway, it's cheap enough.

Still no progress... Im going to remove it all and start over from scratch. It looks like I might not have done my thermal paste too well

I got everything all cleaned up and applied the AS by putting a glob in the middle of the CPU and just letting the HS spread it by the pressure when I put it on.
And its currently at 62C.

DAMN IT!!!

Does this HS suck? It had good reviews!

It doesnt sound like the fan is too loud and it doesnt look like its going too fast. Could it be that its not getting enough power or something? How could I check this?

i think your speedfan temp is fcuked up
if it really was that bad the computer shut itself down
i have that hsf and my temp idles at 38C according to ABITEQ
and ive heard that this gives you higher temps than they really is.

I have a NF7-S mobo and my temps are really screwy as well, at first boot it starts on about 14*C and goes upto about 30*C, but if i leave my PC on for about half an hour then do a restart as soon as it gets into windows it's sitting on 38-40*C and those temps are from speedfan.

Drworm2005.

Your % alcohol and the ammount of thermal paste you use really hardly affect's it at all. Just remount the heatsink..really.. :(

yes but look how high it is this is what I would do is it a small die or big die if it is small take a new razor and make it about paper thin all over the die then out the Aftermarket HS on then if the temps are still higher then the stock one the just do the same but the stock heatsink all the while using the 99% alchool to clean it. Now if is a big die CPU then put a 1 1/2 size grain of rice on the Cpu and don't smoothe it out put the heatsink on and just mount it and apply about 2-5 pounds of pressure and "swiggle" it but not to much with both heatsinks, only "swiggle" if you can but if not it is ok.hope this helps you, I'm not to confident when I do all my as5.

~grim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom