"Ordinal 1" and Dsound.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuahy

Beta member
Not sure if this is a Windows XP problem, I assume it is seeing as it concerns a .dll, heres the problem:

Recently, Some Programs have started having problems, When I attempt to open them an error appears telling me:

"The Ordinal 1 could not be located in the dynamic link library DSOUND.dll"

I've tried downloading a newer version of DSOUND.dll and replacing the current one to no avail. Does anyone know what to do?

How to solve the following error "the ordinal 11 could not be located in the dynamic link library DSound.dll" ?

DVD to VCD SVCD MPEG AVI Ripper assumes that you have installed the latest version of DirectX sound software. It needs a specific function (Ordinal 11) from a specific library (error in finding the DLL).

When this error message appears, it means that you need to install DirectX SDK to your computer.

Install the latest DirectX version from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

If you do not want to install the DirectX, you may also try the following steps,
Step 1, download this new version file "dsound.dll" to your computer. Download it
Step 2, reboot your computer and enter in safe mode.
Step 3, rename the old file "dsound.dll" under the windows' "System32" folder to another file name for backup.
Step 4, copy the new downloaded file "dsound.dll" to the windows' "System32" folder.
Step 5, reboot your computer.

Some programs as in dvd rippers?

:p, Nah, It's effecting some of my younger brothers games and some flash documents.

Step 1, download this new version file "dsound.dll" to your computer. Download it
Step 2, reboot your computer and enter in safe mode.
Step 3, rename the old file "dsound.dll" under the windows' "System32" folder to another file name for backup.
Step 4, copy the new downloaded file "dsound.dll" to the windows' "System32" folder.
Step 5, reboot your computer.

^^ - Tried that, The error is Ordinal 1, not 11, so that might account for why it didn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom