ti4600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh thats sucks i was gonna sell my 9500 pro and get a ti4600 because it scores like 800 more in 3dmark01se lol. and plus theres 1 on ebay for like 7 bucks and it ends in a couple hours.oh well

yea the geforce 4 ti4600 does support dx9, my dads comp is running version 9.0c

Got this from a site: http://www.madshrimps.be/printart.php?articID=126

We will put it head to head with the video card which took the first spot in the DX8 performance graphs when it was released, the nVidia Geforce 4 Ti4600. It does not have support for the advanced features of DirectX 9.

just because you have dx9.0c doesnt mean your video card does....

oh well actually your right. games actually say they need like direct x9 or watever but they really dont even use it yet but yea i dont belive games are graphical or complex enough to even need directx9. yea im proubly gonna get rid of this 9500 pro for a ti4600 what do u guys think its got 650 memory clocks sound high to mine as bein 540 right.. should be a good upgrade since ti4600s are dirt cheap lol

nah maybe i wont get a ti4600 its not worth the waist of time and disapointment the cards a dinosuar and so is mine i just need to save up my money and get like a 6800non gt

burned-ati said:
nah maybe i wont get a ti4600 its not worth the waist of time and disapointment the cards a dinosuar and so is mine i just need to save up my money and get like a 6800non gt

Good decision. You probably won't gain much more performance with the ti 4600.

It all depends on the games you play though. If you're the heavy duty shooter type, then a 6800 GT would be worth saving up for. If that is too expensive, a 6600 GT would fit just fine, but you probably won't get full blast settings with a framerate above 20.

I must admit though, it used to be an amazing card when MXs became very cheap and standard.

GeForce 4 TI DOES NOT support DirectX 9. People think just because DX9 is on their system, they are making full use of it, even on Integrated Graphics. This is NOT true whatsoever. The only video cards out now to fully support DirectX 9 is the GeForce 6 series.

Games are just getting into an era where DirectX 9 is needed, in fact, DX8.1 games are still being released all the time. For example, BF2 only uses DX8.1 for its visual effects, although it does use DX9 on Nvidia cards to improve performance. Get a 6600GT or 6800GT, best bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom