cannot install windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4ise

Beta member
I have an ecs k7s5a motherboard. 392 meg of pc 133 ram. Creative sound blaster live value sound card. 80 gig wd hard drive. Nvidia gforce 2 video card. samsung dvd burner. I once had a dual boot system with windows 2000 and xp on it. Everything worked fine for a long time. Then go some kind of virus or trojan horse on system that really messed everything up. Tried to do a reinstall. 2000 went on fine, but now windows xp will not load. I have tried taking out all of the hardware i could dvd burner. replaced ram, took out sound card. tried a different video card. tried a different hard drive. Nothing I do helps. xp will not install, it gets to the very first part where it says windows setup and it sets there at the blue screen and just stares back. I have 2000 on the system right now, the install went well. The system runs great. But xp will just not install. The funny thing is the first time i put it on it installed great. I am at my wits end. I want to get xp back on. but cant
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
n4ise

Check your CD for scratches, etc.

Either way, I would boot into 2000 and burn yourself another XP CD. This totally sounds like a problem with the CD.

If you reformated the virus is gone so there is nothing wrong with your system it is a problem with your CD it sounds like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom