Data Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

zygomatic

Baseband Member
Backed up some stuff on my D:/ drive, reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my C:/ drive. Was trying to copy things back from D:/ to C:/ but was getting errors saying it couldn't read from disk. Next time I booted my computer, XP was running CHKDISK and it took a while, was scrolling through, could only read a few things that say things about orphaned files, repairing clusters and stuff like that. But I noticed that some of my MP3s are missing and others are mixed up - some songs jump into other songs for short periods or a couple minutes even. Is there anything I can do to correct this, is there any data recovery software or anything?

I've been having problems with my computer when it boots, been getting problems with NVRAM and found info on that from another thread. Things don't look so good. But I was using my computer this weekend and I was reading something on my D:/ drive, but it just closed and when I tried to access my D:/ drive, it said the drive wasn't formatted, so I was like WTF. Haven't tried to reboot yet, but things seem to be getting more serious. Think the drive is on it's last legs?

It sounds like it. TRy running chkdsk on it and see what happens.

Ok, so I got my D: drive to work somehow by unplugging it from my motherboard, running the computer for a day, and then plugging it back in, when I booted, Windows ran CHKDSK and I could open the drive, as usual. I was going to back up the data on it so I could reformat it and maybe correct the initial problem. I copied some of things to the new hard drive I got, it's W:. So I copy all but about 10 GB from D:. I went to go put more stuff on W: and I was getting the same kind of errors I was with D: before, but it said there was a corrupt file on /System Volume Information, I haven't been able to access the drive since. I tried to run CHKDSK on it, but I think it said the file system(?) was RAW and it couldn't run CHKDSK. I'd really like the data on there, any ideas?

I, having a brain F**T....happened to format my back up dirve when doing a fresh install of windows XP. I used the following program and not only did it recover all my data but put 95% of all the files back into the original folders! http://www.runtime.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom