Floppy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tank1916

Beta member
I just set up a new system for my buddy and ive run into a couple of problems. hes got a LANPARTY UT nF4-D and a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice processor with 2 sticks of ocz pc3200 ram (not sure of the specifics on it but its 1 gig total). i put everything together and everything was great and running. next i tried to install win xp and got BSODs everytime i tried to run it, so then i took out one of the sticks of ocz making it single channel and then it worked. i figured something was wrong with my BIOS. so i try to flash it but the floppy drive doesnt work. i went into my computer and looked at it. it detects it but even when i stick a floppy in and click the floppy icon, it tells me to insert a floppy. i thought the floppy drive was broken so i tried a different floppy drive and the exact same thing happened. its been giving me the headache of a lifetime. can anyone help?

Perhaps it is the floppy disk that is bad.

Besides, it doesnt really sound like a BIOS problem in the first place. When have you been getting BSODs? Do they occur when the system is under load, or when you do something specific?

Did you twist the cable on the floppy drive? You might have forgot to do that.

i get the BSODs whenever i go dual channel and just try to load windows, itll either give me a BSOD or just restart. and to the floppy being plugged in the right way, i dont think i tried it the other way so thanks for the suggestion ill do it soon and see if it works

i just build a new system with OCZ dual kit and one of my sticks was bad, was crashing my system till i found the bad one and took it out (may be the one u took out was the defected one).

run memtest on them in dual chan then take one out and test it to see if u can find a bad stick.

may be your floppy ribbon is bad.

ok thanks guys on the floppy, it worked:D
and btw is memtest the name of the program and if so where can i download it?

ok its a been awhile but im back, the floppy ide was upside down so it didnt read the floppies. i ran each of the rams in single channel and they were fine but when i put it in dual channel it would still give me a bsod right after booting up windows. i tried flashing a new bios but that didnt work. i just ran mem test and got 7 errors. can i just send my ram into ocz and get new sticks or what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom