Building a comp for 1,600 Can. No Americans suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1: Factory direct PSU's are garbage, that store is great, but only for Wireless thingy's, keyboards and DVD's

#2: Asus is crap

I dont have that much time today, so im going to b ookmark this for tommorow

And if your comfortable ordering online, NCIX.COM is the best store

And im the one who told him to kinda ignore Americans, because we don't need this get the twinmos and G. Skill ram, which isnt offered in Canada...

Tommorow night too, not moring

Since no one else has mentioned it.............Canada is part of North America.....just like USA & Mexico..........whut is the word?...............OH Yeah.............DUHHHHHHHHHHHH!:rolleyes:

pc_boy said:
he either had a bad experience with an american who was a retard or he's just f^(k!ng racist... i dunno... :confused:

American=nationality, not race. Just like Mexican is not a race, nor brazilian.

And listen to Chankama... he's Canadian, and good.

Thats all I got.

Arumuni said:
Oki. Even though it cleary stated "no american suggestions", thanks for spamming guys. :confused:

Anyways. The only reason i put "no americans" is because many americans neglect to aknowledge that i am in canada, and need canadian currency. But since no canadians seem to be responding, please, if anyone can help, please do. Just remember canadian currecny.

Alot of Canadians ask ANYONE on here, same with anyone from anywhere.

Sheesh... :mad:

You might as well get a board with PCI-E instead of AGP. Plus you should figure out what your budget for monitor and stuff is then say what your budget for internals is since a monitor could take up a lot of your budget.

I built this:
Intel 915PCY LGA775 24PIN MoBo (No Graphic Controller)
Intel 3.0GHz (LGA 530) 800MHz FSB Hyper threading
(NOW) ThermalTake PSU 560W (2 Serial Conn. and 8 Conn.)
3 120GB WD 7200RPM
2 512MB DDR2(533MHz) SpecTech
17' Wide Screen Acer LCD (AL1751W)

EDIT: forgot the Crappy ATi Radeon X300SE PCIE 128MB

Here is the Surprise, about $900
convert Cana. Dollar....

Chankama said:
Hey man. Few things.

1) Does the $1600 include tax/shipping and does it include the cost of a monitor?

2) I am going to assume that this is going to be a gaming system.

3) Do you need speakers?

4) Are you planning on doing any overclocking? - by my estimates, I think from a "normal" system, building a seriously overclocking capable system will cost you about $200-250 Cdn more. This includes better RAM, case, mobo, heat sink/fan etc. Well, if you go for water cooling and such, I guess it'll cost even more..

You should always get a good PSU, regarldess of whether u are doing overclocking or not. At this time, I would not settle for anything that doesn't have Active PFC..

1. I cant order anything online. Sadly. My father won't lend me his credit card because he's worried something will happen and he'll get robbed or something...dont ask. I cant change it. SO i cant order online.

2. Yes. I would like it to include the monitor. I only hope to spend maybe 320 Canadian on a monitor.

3. Well, the way i figure it, if u build a good gaming system, u can basically run anything else. So yeah i guess it is gaming, just not a 2800 Alienware one though..

4. Speakers yes im going to buy. Futureshop has a sale on them. Its like 80 bucks, and from read reviews, they are amazing. Audio quality is nuts.

5. I dont even know how to overclock, or what it does. All i've read about it is that it wears the life down on your parts. Factory Direct has some brand new cases that look awesome for 39.99. Go check it out.

I would like to start building this computer as soon as tomorrow. Because i hate using this 28mb ram piecacrap, 100mgh junk.

I would like it if most, if not all the parts could be purchased from Compu-best. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom