Help IS MUCH NEEDED :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATix300

Solid State Member
Ok, Please bare with me :(

I used to play these Games with no problems, UNTIL now.

I built a new computer with this spec.

Intel P4 915PCY chipset (no Graphic Chipset on Mobo)
Intel 3.0 Ghz
1G 533 DDR2

and ATi x300SE PCIE (128MB)

Everything is updated (the bios and the rest)

C&C:Generals, and FS2004 Locks up and hang the system when played

Never had this problem with the older system (funny huh)
Ati support answered my inquiries but without solving the problem, they keep repeating the same email over and over and OVER.

I read some where that AGP Arpeture, PCI latency, and other stuff were the reason for this system LOCK DOWN.

Tried everything (except the AGP Arpeture, Don't know how to change it) but no joy.

Please i need a solution to this, I know ATi X300 should be ok with these games)

P.S one more thing, i am finding a problem installing there CAT.5.6 Control panel ( 5.4, 5.1 for that matter).
Every time i install them the system hangs after start-up

Thanks a million in advance, this is my last forum chance :)

I had a problem for the longest time with my system "hanging" mainly during games. I always figured it was some kind of video error.

Well come, the CPU MHz setting was too high and my power supply couldn't handle the extra ammount of volts... Or so I figured.

Long story short. I lowered my CPU speed to the next lower option in the BIO's and everything has ran perfectly since.

GL.

Maybe right, i have 300W PSU
Could it be the reason?

Thanks for giving me Hope, this is the only thing i haven't tried.

I am out to get the New PSU, NOW.

what would be enough for
P4 HT 3.0Ghz 800 MHz FBS, 1 MB L2
3 Hard Drive (2 SATA, 1 IDE)
Floppy, 8 USB(6 are in constant use)
ATi X300 SE PCIE (128MB)
gosh, i just realized i have a full comp.
all the PCI are full with Network, Modem, AP, and others hmm,
i hop you are right!

most def it is
get at least a 400 if not more
good brands are thermaltake, antec and ocz
anything priced above 50 bucks should work

OK, Here is the Bad News, I went out and bought PSU ThermalTake 560W, Still the same Problem :(

The Comp hang when playing games and i get VPU Error Report

PS. That's a good PSU :)

um...return the TT and try using a 24pin psu?

doesthe ati x300 have a power molex? if so, connect the power molex in...oh wait..that's right...you don't have a 24pin psu,which was made for pci-e gfx cards

or you could try diff drivers?

What is your AGP set on 8x or 4x? It depends on the drivers, you might have to go back to an older driver to get the performance that you want. That is the only thing that I hate about ATi is the driver support, but the graphics they produce are so beautiful...

What drivers are you using, and does your motherboard require a 24 pin power supply?

We will be able to find the victim of the problem, next we do underclocking to determine if the card cannot run at it's speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom