A question concerning flashing my BIOS, help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
So i have to update my Bios. No problems except i have to update them first using "AFlash". These are the directions below but being a noob i'm having trouble trying to figure them out.

AFLASH.EXE (unzipped) can only be executed in DOS mode and not from MS-DOS Prompt in Windows O/S. As a result, no matter if you wish to backup or update the BIOS content, you must create a new boot disk. Please copy AFLASH.EXE into the disk which you wish to boot the system. In addition, in the BIOS device boot sequence, you must set boot from "Floppy Drive" as the first device in the order of boot sequence.

Use Update using Aflash BIOS Update Procedure

1. ASUS Online Update (Download from ASUS WWW ` FTP) for latest version BIOS and save it on a floppy disk.

2. Use the floppy disk as described in above to boot.

3. In A:\ DOS mode, please unzip AFLASH.EXE (unzipped).

4. In MAIN MENU, please choose Update BIOS Main Block From File. Please refer to [2. Update BIOS Including Boot Block and ESCD] .

5. After the procedure has complete, remove the disk from the floppy drive and shutdown the power.

6. Reboot, hold down key and enter BIOS menu. You must choose "LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS" to activate the new BIOS, then reconfig other items in the BIOS menu.

So i have to download the aflash file to a floppy disk (but how do i make it a boot disk?" And how do i set boot to "floppy drive"? Really appriecate some advice concerning this. Thanks

format a floppy with the system files included in the disk, that gives you a bootable floppy disk. (you will not find this on window 2k, but XP, Me and 98)

go to BIOS (a blue screen saying BIOS setting) when you power up the system (press F2 or delete depends on your motherboard repeatedly), find "boot device priority" or something similar, change floppy to be your #1 boot device.

hope it help

How do i do this?

In A:\ DOS mode, please unzip AFLASH.EXE (unzipped)

The instructions on the ASUS web site frigging suck!
I've been trying to udate my bios now for the past three days!!!!!

MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!! This is just too frigging stupid!!!! So i figured out everything except when i go to flash to the newest bios (i got off the ASUS website) this comes up

WARNING!!!
The file is not ASUS's BIOS
The Bios Model doesn't match
with the one currently used
continue?

Now, before you even ask "YES" the bios i downloaded are for my motherboard (ASUS P4PE mobo). I checked on the box my mobo came in and on the actual mobo. This is such a pain.......please help.

ok so i'm never buying an asus product again. I go to there website to try and find what is on the go with my bios and it says the n.American site is busy so try another. No problems, too bad most of the pages don't load or have errors. I finally am able to find some way to contact them concerning the problems i'm having. I fill out about two pages of crap about my mobo (serial#,memory being used, socket# and so on) and then i discribe my problem and click submit. "Sorry server is out of service"!!!!!!!! Please god someone help me because ASUS certainly won't.lol i'm so pissed now it's actually becoming funny,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom