Is Dell a Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bethanybaldwin said:
Mostly for speed when working with digital photos/video editing of home movies...basically super-multi tasking. They say you need @ least 512 to run with new and updating windows and I want to keep the notebook for awhile - isn't it smart to spend a little extra $$ and get the 1GB RAM or no?

Unless you're an extreeme PC fan I don't see why you would get a PC instead of a Mac.

Also why not a desktop instead? If you're editing home movies I assume you could do it at home...

Well in reply to your orginal question, if that's a deal then it's a bad deal. Other's might call it a rip off, depending on where you live.

He might want to bring his laptop with him on trips. He might want to do editing/play games at his hotel room. Desktop, although heavy, still provide benefits over desktops.

dhw200 said:
Averatech makes some nice notebooks. My bro and my dad have them, and they love em

Averatec are great and for the main part I love mine, and their great pricing in Canada. But I dont know if averatec are making peformance laptops.

And that dell, that's a TERRIBLE price.

If you want to get a desktop replacement, get a turion 64. The only advantages the penium M gives over the turion is better battery life. The turion is better in most apps, and obviously has 64 bit capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom