AMD equal to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
Im building a new computer and am pretty sure im going with the amd athlon 3200 skt939 venice core cpu, but im concerned about what it really performs at. Its clocked at 2Ghz but i know its better, what would be its equal form intel?

Actually, It's not better then intel.

AMD is mainly for gaming. So if your a gamer go with AMD cpu's.

If you like to do more applications like internet, mesanging, etc. Intel would be the choice for you.
Intel can still be used for gaming and AMD can still be used for app's but AMD has an advantage over Intel in gaming, as Intel has an advantage over app's. The designs of their CPU's are completely diferent. Even though Intels are clocked higher, that doesn't mean jack-squat in gaming. AMD's equivallents beat ALL intel benchmarks at the moment.

To sum it all up for you.
AMD-GAMING
INTEL-APP'S

Wrong about the internet. AMD processors PWN Intel processors when it comes to opening and using firefox. :)

But generally, if you want to do multitasking, Intel 3.0 HT will beat AMD 3000+.

Yeah I know, but I ment for gamming like for the minimum requirements and stuff what is amd equal to? Higher then its clock speed right?

And AMD 3000+ will perform at about the rate of a 3.2 GHZ intel processor with 2mb cache(the 6xx line) in games

And AMD 3000+ will perform at about the rate of a 3.2 GHZ intel processor with 2mb cache(the 6xx line) in games
More like a 3GHz hence the name "3000+"

The whole reason AMD names their CPUs (this is to thread starter) is to make it easier on intel users...the number 3200+ implies it is about the same in performance to an Intel of 3.2GHz or perhaps a little more in some cases.

AMD = gaming
Intel = Apps is WAY too vague, especially as of late AMD is closing the gap on intel on such things.....it's not just 'apps' in general, it's the fact that Intels are for MULTITASKING specifically....other than that AMD's perform just as good as day to day operations, but if you're wanting to encode a lot of things while still doing this and that and you aren't much of a gamer then perhaps Intel is for you.

I'm not an insane gamer, but my processor does everything I need and then some for every application I use....and the only real CPU intensive app I have is photoshop.

I have a 3200+ Venice clocked to 2.5GHz so that's about the equivelant of a 4100+ venice.

Nubius, I totally forgot about the dual core processors.

Eh, sorry bout that, I guess AMD does have it all.

Well the latest dual cores have been proven to beat the snot out of Intels latest ones, buuuut that's not primarily what I was referring to.....with AMD's Hypertransport that REALLY helped em out in terms of processing and really excelling memory bandwidth so that is what has helped shorten the gap for regular single core setups.

Nubis I stated that the 3000+ will perform at the same level as the 3.2 ghz 2mb cache processors at GAMING. That is perfectly true. In other apps however, it will perform at less, or more, depending on the nature of the applications.

Nubis I stated that the 3000+ will perform at the same level as the 3.2 ghz 2mb cache processors at GAMING. That is perfectly true.
cheeeill fo0 I got you I got you....skipped over the 'in games' part at the end......was just seeing what as all been said and missed that little part once I saw (2mb 6xxx) or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom