Soundcard Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin8503

Solid State Member
Hello all. I have P4 3.2ghz P4 on an Asus P4P800SE motherboard. I have a Radeon9800 Pro with a 160gb and a 250gb WD 7200RPM harddrives. However, I am using only onboard audio at the moment. I have an Altec Lansing speaker setup (four speakers and one sub (5.1???) ) and use those speakers half the time and headphones the other half. Would it be a wise choice to upgrade my soundcard to say a Soundblaster Audigy 2 gamer or Value card? What would be my benefits? I use my computer for heavy gaming, dvd's, and music. Thanks all!

no that would be 4.1 that you have now. I would upgrade but thats just IMO because I am a soundophile or whatever the heck you call it! ;)

Okay, I was relaly considering doing that anyhows. What would be the noticeable benefits with upgrading to that?

Switching to a 5.1 soundcard won't give you 5.1 sound. You need to get a 5.1 speaker set as well.

Your current speaker set is 4.1.

yea, for affordable, good quality soundcards, go creative, or possibly turtle beach. i have creatve audigy 2 ZS, although it is an OEM version and does not come with a midi/joystick port bracket that comes with the card if u buy it separatly. mine came with my dell. anyone know where i can get one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom