Considering a format....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok folks, had this partition for about 6 months now without a format and its getting pretty cluttered. I notice games and applications running pretty slow for a system such as mine (even though the CPU does let it down)

Due to all the clutter on the current partition do you reckon a reformat would greatly increase my computer speed?

Should i bother or just leave it?

Try a defrag, diskcleanup, disable indexing services, disable everything is msconfig, startup except essential programs, run spyware programs, delete cookies, delete TIF, delete prefetch folder in c:windows:prefetch

Reformat it will be like a new machine :) I have the luxory of having a nice up to date ghosted image of my computer so I have been reformatting my PC like every 2 months!lol..its cool cause with the ghosted image it takes like 15 minutes and I am back to a fresh start with all my programs already loaded for me..so in 15 minutes I am ready to play on a brand new machine! I have a bunch of items pre-loaded (Microsoft office, antivirus, spyware tools, movie editing software, a few games I always play etc etc).

I will update my image about every 4 months with the latest updates to all the software I have. So I basically load my ghost image, update all the software then create the new image. It is very effecient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom