freezing computer argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

crspii

In Runtime
hey, i recently installed a new Motherboard, cpu, and video card in my computer, and didnt reformat or anything before hand. and now when i run any program, the computer freezes up completely after about 5 minutes. the motherboard is an Msi k8t neo-f2, the cpu a socket 939 winchester 3000+ amd64bit, and the video card a sapphire tech x800xl. i cant find my windows professional OS cd, so i wanna fix this without reformating if possible. im thinkin it has to do with all the old drivers interfering with the new ones and stuff like that. thanks for the advice.

its at 40 degrees celsius, and the monitoring utility says its fine. oh i forgot to mention that i have unmatched sticks of 512mb kingston memory running dual channeled, but i think all their specs and model # and the like is the same. could that be it? because it only freezes if i try to run a game or memory hogging program...

ok i pulled one out and then turned it back on, then when i went to play warcraftIII:ft and the updater started patching, it froze at 3%. so the ram isnt the problem i guess. :\ now what?

still could be ram try it with the other stick, and disable the dual channel options in the bios ( I am not sure how to do that exactly but I am pretty sure its in the bios somwhere)

ok i dont think its the ram cuz i played a single player game in warcraftIII and it did fine, but when i ran the same RAM setup and tried to get on battle.net, it started to DL the patch then froze. so i went to my control panel and then to internet connections, and it says i have a Lan2 connection, but no 1394 internect connection, and i normally have both. also i checked in the bios to make sure the lan connection thing was enabled and it is and it still doesnt work, what should i do now??

crspii said:
. . im thinkin it has to do with all the old drivers interfering with the new ones and stuff like that. thanks for the advice.

you answered your own question. sometimes changing that much hardware works, but most of the time it don't as there are too many conflicts

well yes i figured that was the problem, but now i just need to know if theres a way to say.. wipe out all the drivers so i can just reload the newer ones, without reformatting? because i lost my windows cd :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom