Watercooling solution, Rate it for me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
After reading about it and yeah, I understand DD is the best place to go. So heres what I got.

The DD TDX waterblock-52.95 ( top is lucite)

Acetal MAZE 4 GPU for the new nVIDIA 6800 series-46.45

chipset cooler ( is this needed?) none

Fitting size 1/2 ( it's bigger than 3/8 right? because I want the big pimpin tubes)

Radiator- Black Ice Extreme 38.00

fans ( are fans needed, i mean its watercooling for god's sake) none at the moment

Pumps, DD d5 1/2 fittings-75.95

tubing 10 feet of UV green 1/2 12.95
(is this enough for a cpu cooler, and gfx card cooler or do i need more?)

resevoir DD HDPE resevoir 17.95
(is this a good one)

water additives 120z zerex supercoolent-8.00
(this stuff any good, is it compatible?)

hold down style standard 0.00
(does it make a difference between this and tabs, which is easier installation?)

fillport blue andonized fillport
(wtf is a fillport!? LOL)

t-fitting
(whats that and how does it make a difference?)

Total, 263.76

Is this good?

I personally prefer brass/copper blocks and am not fond of acetal. A fillport works with a T-Line as a reservoir, and is cheap, easy to use, and space saving. I'd suggest you use one and ditch a reservoir.

10 feet of tubing is enough dude. ;)

You need a fan to cool down your rad dude, the rad is simply like a heatsink with pipes which water flow you. The concept is the same and you need to actively cool it.

gaara said:
I personally prefer brass/copper blocks and am not fond of acetal. A fillport works with a T-Line as a reservoir, and is cheap, easy to use, and space saving. I'd suggest you use one and ditch a reservoir.

10 feet of tubing is enough dude. ;)

You need a fan to cool down your rad dude, the rad is simply like a heatsink with pipes which water flow you. The concept is the same and you need to actively cool it.

roger that on the fan part.

About the fillport t-line thing, does it stick out over the top of the case? because I do not like that at all. If a resvoir means keeping it in the case, I dig that. Btw, will this all fit in a Tsunami dream case, if not, the ARMOR case?

Thansks

powerslave12 said:
About the fillport t-line thing, does it stick out over the top of the case? because I do not like that at all. If a resvoir means keeping it in the case, I dig that.

Yeah, you have to drill a hole in the top of your case and use one of these: Danger Den Fillport Tee Cap Kit- Black. According to that price, the fillport isn't incredibly cheaper.

I'm also planning to get that Black Ice Extreme radiator for my new water cooling, but I'm looking to buy this in about a month. Let me know how it is!

I'm not buying mine for awhile either. Im going to go with ny option that I DONT have to drill a hole in the case.

My questions are :

With a resevoir, does that mean everything will be in the case? if so, im going with that.

Will my whole watercooling set up fit in a thermal take armor case?

is 1/2 tubing bigger then 3/4 tubing?

Im going to say no on the t-port thing for it says i have to drill a hole, negative on that one.

powerslave12 said:
My questions are :

With a resevoir, does that mean everything will be in the case? if so, im going with that.

Will my whole watercooling set up fit in a thermal take armor case?

is 1/2 tubing bigger then 3/4 tubing?

Im going to say no on the t-port thing for it says i have to drill a hole, negative on that one.

You pour the water into your system through the top of your case at the T-line end. So if you want to add water, you don't have to open your case. Obviously a resevoir will not give you that advantage, as far as I know.

Seriously? Do you think that 2/4 is a bigger number than 3/4?

And please stop whining with the bump. People will answer you when they get a chance, not at your disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom