Building a comp for 1,600 Can. No Americans suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1300 including monitor/keyboard/OS? I know that the monitor and keyboard set me back alot. Stupid me I like LCDs and bluetooth keyboard/mouses:(.

lol i wasn't thinking about monitor and keyboard and stuff, yeah figure about 170 for a monitor and a generic mouse and keyboard would run around 30, plus XP would cost another 100-200 depending on version. Silly me, I'm a PC technician and I sell computers here and i STILL forgot about needing an OS... ;)

When u factor in the monitor that just gooes higher. Anyways, i was thinking of something like this...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Athlon 64+ 3200 RETAIL BOX $259 Socket 939

Corsair Value Select 1GB (2x512MB) DDR400 Kit (VS1GBKIT400) $160 184-pin DIMM

Seagate 120.0GB w/ 8MB cache OEM $107

GEFORCE 6600GT AGP8XDDR3 128MB 128BIT TV-OUT DVI
$265

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS OEM $86

ASUS A8V-E Deluxe $177

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright. That seems very general. I just went to www.compu-best.com and just copy and pasted some basic stuff. I got the optical drive already. I'll need a powersupply, and a monitor and case. About the powersupply, i found a brand new 500W for like 39.99 Can. is that any good? Seems too cheap...i unno.

Anways. If u guys can go to www.compu-best.com and kinda browse the stuff there, it would be great with suggestions.

:) :)

yeah definitely do NOT fudge on your PSU. Last week I repaired a computer that was dead because of having a cheap PSU. The PSU went bad and took otut the mobo, one stick of ram, the cpu, and the hard drive. Bad times. Also, on newegg you can find a better price on that cpu.

just looked at that site you were at, their prices are VERY HIGH. I dont know if you can get shipments to canada from newegg or not but it is a very reputable and fast shipping site, plus they have great prices

oh, yeah i didn't factor it into my mind that it was a canadian site. As for that PSU I wouldn't get it since they don't even tell you what brand it is. The brand is what makes it good or not

Hey man. Few things.

1) Does the $1600 include tax/shipping and does it include the cost of a monitor?

2) I am going to assume that this is going to be a gaming system.

3) Do you need speakers?

4) Are you planning on doing any overclocking? - by my estimates, I think from a "normal" system, building a seriously overclocking capable system will cost you about $200-250 Cdn more. This includes better RAM, case, mobo, heat sink/fan etc. Well, if you go for water cooling and such, I guess it'll cost even more..

You should always get a good PSU, regarldess of whether u are doing overclocking or not. At this time, I would not settle for anything that doesn't have Active PFC..

dont get the ASU A8N (or any other ASUS mobo for AMD,they all suck). The MSI K8n Neo4 NForce4 and the DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D are much better. Especially the DFI.

Get ur parts from www.ncix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom