registry problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, I was about to buy it too, I'm glad you told me about that. OK so what happens now after I put in that disable messenger service? I did reformat before I posted this topic, but I don't think it ever finished because of that message that pops up.

You wont get that message anymore. Also, run your spyware programs, delete all cookies, all TIF's, delete your prefetch folder, disable everything in msconfig except AV and FW, reboot, run your spyware programs again, then post a hijack this log in the other forum. Spyware programs like spybot search and destroy, adware se personal 6, hijackthis 1.99, download them at www.majorgeeks.com

Next time you reformat (make sure that you always do this), unhook your network or internet cable. you obviously have sp1 (it wouldn't happen with sp2). install your spyware and A/V and firewall before you connect it back up. and disable window messenger (you can also do it in start, run services.msc)

Since you don't have too much stuff on it now. it is better to reformatt it. it will only take 20 minute to an hour to do. delete the hard drive with powermax and start over. then you will know for sure that you are clean.

and follow the above advice about the network, you are at you most vulnerable at this stage (having internet hooked up while reformatting)

sometimes it is better to build a new ladder than patching the broken one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom