56k Modem, Help Please Urgent!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holydirt

Baseband Member
I HAVE A HISTORY REPORT DUE TUES., MY MODEM JUST STOPED WORKING. WHENEVER I TRY TO CONNECT, IT DIALS, THEN WHEN IT'S ABOUT TO CONNECT WITH THE NETWORK IT JUST SAYS THAT IT IS UNABLE TO. I BOUGHT A NEW MODEM, INSTALLED IT PERFECTLY, AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM. HELP PLEASE!!!

Try another account, preferably a different ISP
Whats the OS?
Make sure the configuration for dialup settings is also correct.

Consider copying your report to disk and running it to School :D

ugh.. i've tried everything.... ok now i'm gonn astart wih the extremes... would formatting my hardrive fix it possibly?

how do i select a different adapter? and when i installed it and took my old modem out(after uninstalling it) there was a small cord that was left unattached to anything but it had previously been attached to the modem, but on this modem it doesnt have an inlet for that cord and in the directions it didnt say to reattach it. i'm running xp if that help

the other end it attached to the motherboard... i think thats what it is... the big green circuit board with everything on it...

oh i and i know its not my isp's fault now, i'm using the same account as i would on the computer i'm trying to fix and this one works, the otehr one doesnt. same phone cords, wall jack and all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom