Vapor Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok i am considering abandoning the idea of watercooling and trying to find a dual head vapor cooling and spliting 1 head to go to each video card and 1 head for my cpu. does anyone know what the price range would be for such a beast and if so where i could get it and also how to connect the tubing to the video cards and how to split it. if this is just sorta pointless i will just do watercooling but i thought this way i could oc my comp alot and still have awesome temps..:p

you mean phase change???

They have those at crazy pc starting at 560.00

btw watercooling is a LOT easier

ya thats it;) i want a dual headed one though all i see there is single headed ones. i still need help sliting and mounting as well;)

ya i know wc is easier and it looks way cooler imo so ill prbly just go with that im jsut tryin to get some info;)

what about wc with peltier?:O:O:O

Charbo said:
ya thats it;) i want a dual headed one though all i see there is single headed ones. i still need help sliting and mounting as well;)

ya i know wc is easier and it looks way cooler imo so ill prbly just go with that im jsut tryin to get some info;)

what about wc with peltier?:O:O:O

dunno lol

well cause i was thinking that since a fan with peltier is good and can get to almost freezing wc with peltier should be great...also does anyone know if you have to use a peltier supply cause i have an ultra x connect 500w that i dont use that i could put in the bottom of my stacker and use for peltier, lights, etc and just have my enermax for the main stuff like board, hard drives, all that or would it just be easier to get a peltier ps since they have the little screws to put the wires in which is alot easier it seems...also how many watts would i need on the peltier stuff? i could use a 226 on the cpu and then a 120 on each card but i would have to use the xconnect or 2 power supplies. im not sure how much they would need anyway i mean would like a 120 be ok on cpu and an 80 on each video? im a noob at all this cooling besides air so i dont know...=/

i got 1 of the vapochill cases so i can tell you how to build 1, but as for pelters and fans i have no idea!
fitting the vapochill voids all warranties and you do some very unholy things to your mobo (copied from a review, can't remember what site tho), like filling the socket with anti corrosive (spelling?) goo. i got my system on a 650w q-tec psu and have had no problems with power. only problem is the instructions are crap!!
specs in sig
ps.. lots of edits, brain not working correctly today! ;)

Don't bother with peltiers....they are a pain in the ass and draw a considerable amount of power....they aren't good for 24/7 really.

WC pelt will get sub ambient temps, but for constant sub-zero temps you'd need chilled water cooling a pelt....you need a pelt specific seperate power supply for pelts as well......all in all it's not worth it to even mess with at all except when you're wanting to get something cold really quick for a quick suicide bench session.

alright so overall wc is the easiest and 'best'? besides, i was getting sub ambient with that exos 1 i had on my video cards...=/ plus to me wc looks the coolest;)

Charbo said:
alright so overall wc is the easiest and 'best'? besides, i was getting sub ambient with that exos 1 i had on my video cards...=/ plus to me wc looks the coolest;)

Do you think a homemade phase change would look good? hahahah.

besides, i was getting sub ambient with that exos 1 i had on my video cards
Hate to break it to ya, but getting sub-ambient temps with normal water cooling goes against the laws of physics ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom