cant load an OS on my HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sytech

Baseband Member
I tried installing 2000 pro on a new Hd. It crashed half way through. WHen I restarted I got the NTLDR IS MISSING. I did not have a boot disk so I put the Hd in my friends computer and we deleted all the partions so I could reinstall an OS. Now that I have put it back in I cant get any of the Os disks I have to start up. It Now says DISK BOOT FAILURE. Replace system disk and press any key. What do I do now? Should I formatt my drive or what?

Sytech said:
Please does anyone have any advice?????

you posted this only 20 minutes after you posted your original question, did you really expect someone to reply that quickly? if you need immediate help i suggest hiring a professional pc tech.

after you delete all partitions you must create at least one primary basic volume to install any operating system on it and make it active. after you create partitions you must format the partition with a filing system like FAT, NTFS, ect.

partitioning and formatting can be done through fdisk & DOS format command or win2000 or winXP CD.

I'm having the same problem, I can't get the PC to boot from the cd. I get both those messages on two seperate hard drives. I hope someone can help us.

Preston

- Did you change the jumper to slave when you put it in your firends PC

- How exactly did you remove the partitions when slaving it to your friends?

- Did you re-create a partition when you erased the other?

- Is it reformatted?

- Did you change the jumper back to normal when you put it back into your PC (or is it set in BIOS to read the right channel)?

SmallTownBird said:
I'm having the same problem, I can't get the PC to boot from the cd. I get both those messages on two seperate hard drives. I hope someone can help us.

Preston

- Make sure your BIOS is set to boot off the CD (The sequence can help somtimes when the CD is set before the HDD on some BIOS's)
- If the CD is a copy, make sure it was made bootable

By Chance is this a copied CD???

this sounds like a bad burn,,,

I would use a Win98 boot disk with Format.exe off of a Win95 boot disk copied to it,,

I would FDISK and then FORMAT the drive and try to see if your ROM will autorun the Disk after that,,

If not ,, download the BOOT disks off the net,, they are on Bootdisk.com,, or any other that you search for,,

get the four disks and then run the cd,,

If you get the same error after this,, i would look at the disk as the issue,,HOWEVER,, this is considering that you already review the HAL on the system ,,, rRRIIGhhhtt???

cheers,

Thanks I reformatted and got it to load from a non burned version of 2000 pro which I ended up buying last night. However I am getting a blue screen (PAGE_FAULT_bla_bla-bla) right after partioning and formatting. In fact right when it starts to copy files to HD. I have tried installing it a few different times and keep getting same thing..................?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom