Should I Purchase This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate9

Baseband Member
Is this a great Gaming PC?

Tower Case 420W
CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlon64 FX 55 CPU w/HyperTransport
Motherboard: (939-pin socket) ASUS A8V-E Deluxe VIA K8T890 Mainboard w/LAN USB2.O IEEE and Audio
Memory: 1024 MB (512MBX2) PC3200 400 MHZ Dual Channel DDR (Corsair Value)
Hard Drive: 80GB 7200 ATA 100 Hard Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce7800 GTX 256MB 16XPCI
Optical Drive: Pioneer DVR &CD combo read write
Sound: Creative Las SB Audigy-2 ZS7.1

Thats a helluva PC. The only things I would change are the PSU (WAY too small), the hard drive size, and the mobo. LOL that sounds like a lot

It's good besides having one of the worst possible made motherboard's for a waaaaaay expensive price.

They will all complain about the motherboard despite the fact that it does have good reviews. Get what you want, DFI for overclocking.

What is the final price of the setup?

By the look of your RAM, you arent going to be doing any overclocking. That motherboard is good for regular use (regular being not overclocking).

Ok, I just saw the 420 Watt PSU, you are going to want to change that to a much higher wattage. 550 Watt's atleast.

GameGURU said:
They will all complain about the motherboard despite the fact that it does have good reviews. Get what you want, DFI for overclocking.

What is the final price of the setup?

You havnt recently owned an Asus board
And, that setup is not that power consuming, assuming it's a venice FX-55

its not that bad, but 420 watts is prolly still pushing it, even if only a little. He also didnt say the brand name of the PSU. Could be Rosewill or some other generic brand for all we know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom