GeForce 7 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
macdude425 said:
BTW, you need to shrink your sig down to regulation size or the Sig Santa will visit you and take it away.

"How 'bout I don't flame."

BTW, you're the 5th person I've heard use that catchy term 'sig santa' -- Isn't the whole idea of being labeled santa redundant if your going to take away? giving of the gifts; I could see it relatable. call it 'sig grinch' or something else.. man, get a writer...

KorKwin said:
As much as I like Nvidia and their new card, I've fallen for the r520. Even though it's not here if the r520 is what it's cracked up to be I'll definatley be building my comp with it. Sorry Nvidia....

Maybe, but alot of stuff is hyped up more than it should be.

I want to see how the mid-range situation is going to turn out, thats where the real money comes in for the companies so they better make them good.

this card looks pretty sweet.
definetally slays any card out there at the moment.
if i was a rich boy, yeap, i'd have one....most likely two though lol.

and...to the people comparin' it to the new ATI
OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE BETTER!.....it's released at a later date.....more shit can be learned/done to the card.

which is why i think x-box 360 vs ps3 is bullshit. x-box = this year?....ps3 welcome to next year = more time to work on it = technology breakthoughs/enhancments..

crip.
ya, this sort of turned into a poo post :tard:

Actually ATi delayed so they could learn to screw the 7800 now and make the r520 much better.

At least we know nVIDIA likes it's customers better :p jk .

I believe, that from the bits of information i've heard, is that the reason the R520 is delayed is because ATI has had been having major shader problems. remember, Nvidia has 2nd generation SM 3.0 technology, so they have perfected it by now, ATI is on their 1st generation of PS 3.0 technology, so who knows what can happen with ATI.

I believe, that from the bits of information i've heard, is that the reason the R520 is delayed is because ATI has had been having major shader problems. remember, Nvidia has 2nd generation SM 3.0 technology, so they have perfected it by now, ATI is on their 1st generation of PS 3.0 technology, so who knows what can happen with ATI.
This is the dead truth behind ATIs delayed relaease. The only other factor is the major driver problems ATI always has. Face it, i thik Nvidia has this one now because actual benchies are out and its looking good, plus the R520 has had so many problems so far, i think its gonna be another x8** thing and be buggy the whole time where ATI is playing catch up w/ Nvidia. What i like about Nvidia so much is they dont hurry to release a card if the other company has one out yet. PLus when they do have a card out its almpost perfected as it is and dont have driver problems, usualy what happens is games and software play catch up w/ the latest cards Nvidia puts out. Face it, ATi hti the dust again w/ so many problems and delays.
it's not much better than the 6 series according to the benchmarks...
Ok im gonna be blunt w/ everybody on this one, Tomshardware is a bunch of bullshit because they are being sold out bad and the benchies arent legit. Damn money taking over grrrrrr:mad:

I agree with Mguire on this one completely, ATI's R520 is nothing but rumors right now. I think it might have more potential than the 7 series GPU's but ATI needs to get its head in the game, they've been having nothing but problems with this new GPU so far and there are no facts about it yet. I read somewhere its supposed to be 3 times better than an X800... I dont buy that for a second there hasnt been a hardware performance jump like that in quite sometime, and if that was true, I can only imagine the price on that baby..

P.P. Mguire said:
What i like about Nvidia so much is they dont hurry to release a card if the other company has one out yet. PLus when they do have a card out its almpost perfected as it is and dont have driver problems, usualy what happens is games and software play catch up w/ the latest cards Nvidia puts out.
not really. their Geforce FX 5**0 series cards were rushed, and ATI's 9000 series cards pwned them

I think the 7800 GTX is a very good card, however I'm still going to wait for the X900 or whatever it is to come out and be tested before I decide which one I like
I am saying this say this to both those who are for the new ATI card, and those for the 7800. not just one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom