PC Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
Ok yeah ive never used this program and i just have a really simple question, when connecting to some one with PC anywhere, Does the person you are connecting to also have to have pc anywhere?, and if they do, does it have to be the same version?

Yes. And yes.

BUT!!!

There is a free program out there that does the same thing and it is a really good program.

Google for VNC.

haha, well, tellen me about VNC BEFORE i whent out and bought pc anywhere coulda helped, haha but no worries, ive already got it so i might as well use it, but thanks for the advice.

Well, just to add to Guy's post. They have to have pcAnywhere but they do not have to have the same version.

-Mike

yeah i confirm also, no need for same version. VNC, is completely different. it might not be what you need.

ohh yeh well, i dont really need VNC considering i have pc anywhere, so yeah, but thanks for the help guys.

ekÆsine said:
yeah i confirm also, no need for same version. VNC, is completely different. it might not be what you need.

They are completely different, but both accomplish the same thing. And VNC is free.

On the PCAnywhere version, I have two seperate versions and they will not talk to each other. I have tried every conceivable way to make this happen, but they won't. I use VNC now anyway.

Sorry for the mis-information.

Any version above 8.0 can be tweaked to talk to each other. Getting an 11.0 to remotely control a ver. 8.0 is tough but can be done.
Also, I wasn't aware that VNC had remote capabilities through modem? I thought that VNC just relied on NetBios and TCP/IP? Haven't used it in a while.....

-Mike

that's exactly what i meant when i said they were completely different. also the setup is completely different also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom