6800GT or x800?(not as easy as you'd think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
On a fairly tight budget here, so I'm basically forced to choose between getting a 4200+ with 6800GT, or a 4400+ with a x800. Really tough choice. Help.

P.S. Getting a lower card than the x800 is not an option(no 6600gt posts plz).

Edit. Its xl. Not a regular.

I'd stick with a 6800GT simply because it's overall a better core, it's got the better drivers and excels overall pretty well in both OpenGL and DirectX based 3D applications.

Why the Toledo/Manchester though? I really think the dual cores are a bit too pricey for their performance at this point and time, get a 3000+ Venice for like 150 bucks, and when more multithreaded applications come out and the prices on the multicores drop, then go out and get one.

yea, i would do what gaara said, it would be a lot better financially. since the 64s and the X2s are both 939, u wouldnt need a new mobo.

and 6800 GT BTW

I do not plan on upgrading this computer ever. After this purchase, I plan on saving for a ultraportable laptop, so I will not have the funds to do it. When I figure it out, I keep going to the conclusion that I should get dual core. I was originally going to go with Intel dual core because of the price, but then I saw a 24 pin 450 Watt Antec power supply for half price at my local store, so I had to get it, which eliminated Intel from the equation :). If enough people suggest the 6800GT, I'm going to buy it with the 4200+.

Is a 450 watter enough for a gig of RAM, an nForce4 mobo, a toledo and a 6800GT?? That seems real shaky...antec or not...

I'm pretty sure its enough for an AMD system. I wouldn't know about and Intel system though, since I heard they used tons of power.

Prescotts are beasts in terms of heat, and they take a fair amount of wattage too

dhw200 said:
Is a 450 watter enough for a gig of RAM, an nForce4 mobo, a toledo and a 6800GT?? That seems real shaky...antec or not...

Yeah the X2's are just slightly worse than a preschott energy wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom