Eheim 1250 or dd d5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
ok i could buy an Eheim 125 for $40 right now from a guy and i was wondering if for a full loop with cpu, and 2 video cards with a 4x120 monstercore if that would be enough? i am still deciding between the 2x120 weaponcore and the 4x120 megacore though.

also could i just use the weaponcore for the video cards then go to a singel 120 rad on the back for the cpu? could i do that with 1 pump anyway so it would be pump>weaponcore>videocards>single rad>res>pump. or with just a weapon or monstercore it would be pump>rad>video>cpu>res>pump. btw this will be in a cm stacker so room is no issue;)

If you are going to have two video cards in the loop, that means three blocks total, I would get two pumps and put them in series. That way, you could tackel anything, and you would get some killer temps.

I know what you are talking about with the multiple rads. If you have the pump power, I dont see why that should be an issue at all with the rads.

If you are going to have three blocks and two rads, one pumps i not going to work. You WILL need two, or a very large one. You would probably need to go with a nice Iwaki if that is your plan. Or two of them.

hmm well with just the d5 do you think it would be ok with the weapon core and the cards and cpu? but no second rad?

instead of getting two pumps why don't you just get one powerful one like the Iwaki. About $175 (which coincidentally I see Him just saw......I skim over posts too much :p )

With a TDX block, weaponcore, and a single MAZE4 that's enough to put the D4 or D5 pretty much at it's limit, same with the 50z pump.....you start adding a 2nd block and another rad and you're either going to need that 2nd pump or just get one big powerful one...

D5 + weaponcore + CPU block + 2 GPU blocks would probably be fine.....if you wanted that monster core then that's a whole other story

hmm the other thing is that that iwaki is huge isnt it? even with a stacker i would proably have trouble fitting all that....plus im still not sure if ill get the monstercore would it lower temps much more than the weaponcore if i had the monstercore and the iwaki?

Yeah, you're looking at a very restrictive loop right now, a D5 or 50z wouldn't come close to cutting what you're asking for, you'd need at least an iwaki when you add in the monstercore.

What you could try doing is having the GPU and CPU on the different loops, then you could use two D5 or 50z pumps, but you're shoving a lot of crap into your PC at that point. I have the stacker and I'd say the iwaki should fit in there fine.

Just get a double 120mm bonneville styled heatercore and get a couple high CFM fans and that should be plenty and not restrict the D5 or 50z very much. In this case if you have the money you really should be leaning towards an iwaki.

ya i think if i do ill go with that but how would i fit all that crap in even in a stacker. also i was down at a pc store today and they said i sould consider peltier. i know that peltier is less $ and they said its better the only thing is you still need fans and stuff and you need a seperate ps but u can get like a 300 or something and i have an extra 500w anyway.

They told you to get a peltier? I dont know man, thats dangerous. Is this your first water setup? Have you dealt with extreme cooling solutions? A peltier is considered to be pretty extreme. You would need a second PSU to run it, those things have a ridiculously high power consumption. Also, you need to insulate your motherboard pretty well. What a peltier does is it takes ALL the heat and puts it to one side of it, whereas leaving the other side extremely cold. Since parts will be colder than ambient temperature, they will start to condensate and frost. Water + computers=BAD! When insulating a motherboard and other peices, it is wise to go overkill on the insulation, as to not lost any peices due to condensation.

ya lol he actually told me to get peltier instad of wc because it was cheaper. lol well i guess maybe at first but since you need a 2nd ps i think it would be more expensive in the end. anyway i would rather do wc since it looks cooler and cools fine for me im not trying to set records or anything just game.:p

A peltier would not be a cheaper solution. All a peltier does is transfer the heat, it is just a heat transfer and NOT a cooler. You still have to adequately cool the other side of it, and you will have to use a water cooler or better to cool that off. I have one, and I play around with it alot, it's cool, but I dont have it in my computer yet. It gets REALLY hot on one side and REALLY cold on the otherside. However, it is not cooled. So when one side heats up and the other gets cold, the cold on only stays cold for a second or two before the heat from the other side transfers over and both sides are super hot. It is not a cheaper solution, but it is another way of getting your computer super cold. You just have to use it in conjunction with another moderately extreme cooling solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom