Which of these 2 video cards should I buy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
9800 Pro's are around 160$ at NCIX.COM, if you want to spend in that range, a 6600GT is your best bet for 200$

http://compu-best.com/ is one of the better local stores, but recently their prices havnt been that good on their online store. Maybee worth it to take a look in that store.

Futureshop has a 110% price match guarntee, and staples has a 150% price match guarntee. Only problem is they only sell BFG cards really.

Also NCIX.COM is Canada's best store, and you dont get charged PST.

Btw: Around where do you live?

Meh.. don't worry too much.. Don't give ur credit card # to "strange" stores of course :rolleyes:.. That's just stupid. But, places like tigerdirect and ncix should be pretty secure. They are reliable. And yeah, you don't get second chances like as with Futureshop. FS gives u 30 days "no questions" return policy etc. These guys don't.. If you don't like the item, there is a 15% restocking charge..

This is understandable. That's why the prices are cheaper.. But you know. If you know exactly what u want, and don't screw up, they are great places to buy. And you'll save a LOT of money. But, before that, if u don't feel comfortable, why don't u try to "price match" in Future Shop. I believe they allow it. Just use these stores as the "price match stores".

But there selection is very crappy. lol.. Most components "recommended" on these forums, you won't find in FS.

lol it is :).. But remember to get the correct video card. You seem to want an AGP.. Some of these cards are PCI-Express :p.. But they shouldn't differ "too" much in price. Even though they do "somewhat" :rolleyes:

Arumuni said:
I was going to purchase the ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB AGP Graphics Card,

The word "AGP" is in there :p.. This is the interface type between the motherboard and the video card. PCI-Express is another (and newer) type. But for video cards these days, the full power of PCI-Express is not realized.. It's for "future" cards mostly. So companies offer current cards for both types.. AGP and PCI-Express.. :p

Perhaps, you should post ur mobo specs man.. If you are not too sure about the vid card type you need.. We'll tell you :)..

Hey, is the "GT" on Geforces that important? Is there a difference? I see a Geforce 6800 128mb for 273.00 Can. Then theres the 6600GT 128mb for 225. Is there a difference?

Yeah there is. The "GT" is a notation used to indicate a "better" version of the card of the same number. Without going into details, this is the simplest explaination :)..

The 6800 is more powerful than the 6600 GT.. But in terms of the capabilities of the vid cards,

6800 GT > 6800 and
6600 GT > 6600

The "#" is extremely important. But so is the suffix (i.e. GT) :)..

Be careful. As the "GT" makes a world of a difference. Both price wise and performance wise. I suggest u look into a 6600 GT if u are looking for an excellent card to play current games in. For the next generation of games, you'll probably have to lower the game settings a little bit. But, I think this is the wisest purchase right now.. The 6800 GT is still too expensive IMO..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom