Which of these 2 video cards should I buy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
OKi. Since school has ended for me, I am in the process of building my very own comp! However, the video cards have been bugging me as of late.

Anyways, I was going to purchase the ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB AGP Graphics Card, which they have on sale now for $399.99 Canadian. But now I happaned to "stumble" along a piece of information from some guy on his web page that says that the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Video Card is the best to get. And this card is on sale for $249.99 Canadian. There is a $150 difference here. Since im trying to minimize the amount of money i spend any way possible, because i know i will most likely go over my budget, which of these two should i get.

Now, my first thought was that, "Oh. Well. The x800 series came out after the 9800, its newer, so it must be better."

However, the author of that site knew of the x800XL 256mb and never refered to it in comparison to the 9800 Pro 128mb. So, can anyone help?

x800XL is much better peformance than the 9800pro, however they have the same instruction sets :mad:

Best buy is a 6800GT, the x800xl with it's older instruction set will not allow you to play current games at their highest level. And for future games, it may not even be able to play them at all.

OKi. 'll think about it. hey dj chris, I happen to live in hamilton ontario as well. do u know of any good "computer" places around the area?

I just saw a BFG 6600 GT for $200 Canadian (after a rebate).. The 9800 pro for $249 is wayyyyyyyyyyy too expensive.. The 6600 GT is a better card than the 9800 pro - as indicated by various [benchmarks/feature listings] on the internet. Mind you, the 6600 GT was PCI-Express.

Just doesn't make sence to pay that much for a 9800 pro. To top it off, I believe I remember seing 9800 pro cards for around $170 Cdn somewhere.. Just can't remember where..

Candian computer nerd's best friend:
http://www.pricenetwork.ca/
http://bbf.ca/
http://www.redflagdeals.com/

Where the hell did u find it for that low? Im looking at the same card at futureshop for 339.99 canadian. :eek:

Arumuni said:
Where the hell did u find it for that low? Im looking at the same card at futureshop for 339.99 canadian. :eek:

For goodness sakes man.. Never EVER buy any computer stuff from Futureshop unless its from a HUGE sale (boxing day).. Or unless u use their price matching policy.. :p

Try the 2 top links I gave you.. They will tell you the cheapest prices available in Canada for various items.

ncix.com is the standard online retailer in Canada. There are various smaller stores that I shop at in Toronto. But, if u don't know them, be careful. Some people have bad "service" - if u ever need to RMA parts or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TigerDirect.ca
- Ontario
eVGA GeForce 6600 GT / 128MB DDR / PCI Epress / DVI / TV-OUT / Video Card
25 reviews $212.99

ima bit unsure about these online vendors. Mainly because u dont get to speak to them face to face. Im worried i'll get a faulty item. What is the shipping cost? How long will it tae to arrive. The questions the questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom