Bios ROM checksum error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBestEVER

Solid State Member
Hey guys i'm new and my comp has a problem :(. Today i just bought a Thermaltake 11+ heatink. After installation i turn my pc on, and i get this error which saids "BIOS ROM checksum error". I have no clue what happend at all.. The mobo is a fic am37, and the bios is Phoenix award bios. Their are 2 beeps durring startup, one short and one long. I read up about it and two beeps is ram. The ram is samsung 2100. Any help would be great! thanks

Thanks for the info, i took everything completely apart and put it all back in, but still doesn't work. Is there anyway i can completely reset my bios?

Your mobo should have a jumper to reset it to default value. Check your manual for its location.
Just move the jumper on the 2 correct pins, then put it back in its original place and boot up.
Your BIOS chip is divided in 2 parts with one being active and the second a backup.
Doing this copies the backup to the active portion of your BIOS.

Nope, it doesnt. I have taken the whole system apart and put it all back together and still nothing. I have made a bios recovery disc and still nothing happend. System craped on it's self. Thank god christmas is around the corner... But the mobo is about 3 months old. l

I try'd that but still no workie.... I guess i am going to get a new motherboard. Out of what these 2 what would u suggest: Abit NF7-S or Asus A7N8X? And can u give reasons which is better? Or suggest any mothersboards that suport AMD Athlon XP's. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom