Computer Help - I keep receiving the Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

regnak

In Runtime
I have been having trouble with my computer recently. At first it was randomly restarting and it kept doing that for a while normally this happened when my computer was in use (playing video games). After a while I got annoyed and started to reformat it but the random restarts still kept happening. I turned off the automatic restart so I recieve the Blue screen but that does help. All it talks about is how I should update my drivers or turn off RAM Cashing or checking in my BIOS but the problem is is that I cannot find that option.

All my drivers are up to date except for my BIOS (I've tried to update it but the DFI site just keeps giving me JSP errors).

There are only three things that I can think of that could be instigating the problem; that would be Overheating, recent change of video cards, or my PSU. I seriously doubt that it is overheating due to when it shuts down its only at about 54C. I recently changed from a 9600XT to 9800Pro. My PSU is a Powerlabs 400Watt but my friend was very skeptical of how well it actually performs and whether it is contributing to my problem or not.

My Computer Specs are listed below:
DFI NFII 400-AL
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Radeon 9800Pro (was a 9600XT as noted above)
1GB pc-3200 AData (can be found on Newegg)
Integrated Sound
Powerlab 400Watt PSU

I would appriciate any help that is offered and I really would like my computer working properly again.
Thanks

hkfnstang: That is my thinking about my PSU but I would like to get a second opinion before I run off and spend money on something

daappleby: I'll copy it down and post it as soon as it happens again.

ok that will help. Lookin in the event logs and see if there are any red events in there. If so post the event id the number and the contents of the text box as well.

Ok I've found the error in the Eventlog.
Event ID: 7000
Source: Service Control Manager
Description: The hpdj service failed to start due to the following error:
The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I'll check out the link but if anyone else has any ideas I'd be quite happy.
Thanks

It appears to be an hp driver for a printer. Have you added or removed an hp printer lately?

I will do some more research on the service, and I hope someone else might know what its for.

yeah I have an HP Deskjet 5650 installed on my comp. Should I just uninstall it and hope that my problem goes away?

ok I've uninstalled and reinstalled now all I have to do is wait to see if it continues to crash. Thanks for all the help i greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom