registry problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
daappleby said:
I hear memtest386 is good but the site leads me to spam central, so someone else will need to provide a link as I dont have one.

Do you mean memtest86 or are you talking about another program?

Memtest86 is at www.memtest86.com and i haven't come across any spam.

-Aaron

uh IC what I did wrong...I put a 3 in there :( add one to the stupid mistakes with computers thread....

I tried installing updates before like SP2, but before it finished it, a message popped up saying to uninstall it because the system is unstable:sigh:

Best thing for you to do is the following...
open "My Computer", Right click on your C drive and select properties. Then when the window opens, click on Tools. At the top of the new tab that opens is Error-Checking. Click "Check Now" and when the new window opens, check both boxes and click start. A new window will come up, just click ok, then reboot the machine. Let it run the check disk and do what it can. After that, you can work on the machine some more. You probably have a few bad sectors. This can fix that for you, for the short term. Once your machine is done and you can get back in, there is something that I will want you to post, from the event log. This will tell you the condition of your machine.

Good luck

double click the entries that are relivant and then copy and paste the information. Also do what Inaris said, twice to make sure it works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom