Creating a Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT versions of the cards are a minumum. The normal cards are usually 3/4 to 1/2 the speed of a GT

They are usually more than half the speed, but you are right Chris, the performance difference can be quite significant. If you can afford the extra $80-$100 then get the GT, it will handle the latest games better.

OK guys, I have another question that was brought up in a forum I posted somewhere else..Is firewire worth it, this motherboard does NOT support it. Can I attach a firewire thru a PCI-e?

Get a AMD 3000+ with a dfi board instead of the p4 530j with that board., you will save money which you can use to get a 6800 gt

It doesnt matter about the GHz, an amd 3000+ is equivalent to a 3.0ghz processor. a 3200 would be faster than a p4 3.0GHz.
If your doing gaming, AMD would be the best, otherwise intel.

Well, when I was researching CPU's, it said an AMD 3000 is equiv to 2.1 Ghz, and an Intel 3.0 ghz is well..3.0 ghz. Ghz has no factor in the speed of the processor, you sure about that?

MattTim2004 said:
Well, when I was researching CPU's, it said an AMD 3000 is equiv to 2.1 Ghz, and an Intel 3.0 ghz is well..3.0 ghz. Ghz has no factor in the speed of the processor, you sure about that?

Well I'm a noob but from what I understand an AMD 3200+ is the equivilant of a 3.2 ghz Intel. (don't flame me if I'm wrong)

It is, ur right about that. However, the 3200+ will smoke pretty much every Intel CPU when it comes to gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom