Is water cooling worth it? Is it effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for power, you should really put your most powerful fans up against the rad, as that is where the most heat dissipation is needed. I'm sure they are powerful enough, but you may want to keep those on your case and get a couple 120mm fans (or even 92mm) brand new to put on the radiator.

Why don't I get the Danger Den RBX instead of the TDX? What is the difference between the two?

I've been looking at Danger Den's Black Ice Xtreme Radiator. Is it any good as compared to that heatercore I posted earlier? Does it come with fans or will I need to buy those separately?

If it doesn't come with fans, what size are they? Since it's a radiator, it will have mount points for other fans, yes? Does this mean that with this radiator I can use my own 120mm fans that already came on my case?

Whether or not it comes with fans is anybody's guess. It will tell you if it does or not. You can mount any fan on any radiator. The only difference from radiator to radiator to fan to fan will be the degree of difficulty in mounting them.

The RBX is slightly larger, and has 3 barbs instead of two. It covers a little bit more surface area, but will only give you cooler temps by about 1-2C. Plus, you will have to get a larger pump to make up for the flow restrction from the third barb. It is also a little bit more expensive. Not worth it IMO.

That radiator is 120mm, therefore a 120mm fan would mount great on it. You would have to get or make a shroud for it to be perfect, and maximize performance from it.

The radiator is the same as the 86 Chevette heatercore, just with a few mods done to it.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25182
Go there, Weapon is THE GUY at XS when it comes to watercoolign. He mods the hell out of his rads, and makes his own shrouds. Makes some very quality stuff.

hey, i recently visited this shop tucked away in the bronx, and they had an impressive pc, with a great water cooling system, you might want to contact the store to find out more about it, under "Contact Us"

link removed

bigSPIN9 said:
hey, i recently visited this shop tucked away in the bronx, and they had an impressive pc, with a great water cooling system, you might want to contact the store to find out more about it, under "Contact Us"

http://www.drcomputershop.com/

Tucked away in the Bronx, huh? I've never seen an online store with a hit counter.

SPAM!!!

I think I'm going to stick with the Double Heater Core with Fittings heatercore. If the radiator won't make my life easier as far as mounting a fan on, then I might as well get the better cooler. Does the fan have to be mounted on in a certain way? Or could it simply be "taped" (not literally) on as long as it's in the right position?

Is the pump that you posted above pretty strong?

With these issues settled, next will be mapping it out!

As long as the fan is on there pushing the air through, it makes no matter what method you used to put it on there.

The pump I posted I believe has 14ft of head or some close number. Granted it's not the 21 feet that you get with the Iwakis, but it is still powerful. When someone refers to head, it is the measurement of how far the pump could shoot water straight up in the air, in case you didnt know.

As far as mounting the fans on that thing, just wrap some wire around the fans and the rad and it will put it right on there. Anyway you see fit, but i would get a shroud as they also control the direction of the air, thus improving overall cooling performance of the radiator.

I only started looking into this water cooling business a few days ago.

This shroud dealio wouldn't make a huge performance increase though, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom