Death to AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks for me, I was planning on saving for a while for one of them (the best price:performance one, nothing that costs more than $400,) but I won't have the money to upgrade my mobo as well.

I think they will give in, as there are a good amount of people on AGP systems with things like the FX series, and want to upgrade.

Retarded isn't he word i'd use. I'd use something much, much stronger.
Right now the market for PCI Express is so freakin' small. I bet at least 85% of all PC's still have AGP. Geez... DFI just launched their LP UT s939 NF3 AGP. "The Nubius Special". They obviously know there is a demand for an AGP board. The reason they are only making the new "GFX CARDS" in PCI-EXPRESS is because they want to push SLI and sell twice as many cards.

It's all Marketing with these bastards...

it does sorta make sence... most ppl with AGP boards were probably waiting for the 7xxx series so that the 6800 agp's would drop in price.

Well, these are ultra high-end gpus and they are targeting ppl with ultra high end systems which means, they probably have PCIe.

Honestly I think they should slowly phase the AGP out, like make half of the 7800's AGP and the other PCIE. Eventually phase the AGP totally out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom