STOP error in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

markie

Solid State Member
i'm reciveing the following stop error

STOP 0x0000007F ( 0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

i'm not getting a file name so i can't find out where the problem is, i'm assumeing it's something to do with RAM from the reaserch i have done, but not sure if it's Video or Standard RAM.

anyway, if someone could help me out it would be great, thanks

sigh, unfortunatly every search i did seemed to lead to that page, it's not software, i did a full format and the problem still occurs it occured not 3 mins after i finished installing windows....

it's definatly hardware, but i dunno where, my computer worked fine for 9 months, then suddenly.....

i mean, i could go out and buy a new ram stick, but i dun wanna really do that if it's the ram on the vid card that's playing up, other thing is, if it is normal RAM wouldn't memtest pick that up?

Ok, so you it sounds like it's a hardware problem, but I have never came across this messege nor have I heard about it. So what were you doing when it happened ? Were you overclocking ? Messing around with the guts ?

nope, nothing, i first experianced it while playing World of Warcraft, thought hmm, that's wierd, oh well (at the time i had auto reboot enabled so puter just suddenly reboot) then it started happening heaps, so i disabled the auto reboot to get the error code, and saw it was a kernal access fault or something, a friend suggested i reset my bios, i did this and it fixed the problem for about 3 weeks, (resetting the bios doesn't work anymore) other then opening the case to reset the bios, i havn't opened it in 9 months, and the computer hasn't been moved around, nothing.

Hrm, well it sounds like it might be a hardware failure, but I can't think of where it might be. Something inside your case obviously isn't functioning correctly, and you have isolated it so you and I both assume that it's not a software problem.

well i know it's either the RAM, mobo or Vid card, just dunno which one, sigh, mabee time for upgrade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom